doggin hogs
April 20, 2024, 02:19:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Staff List Calendar Login Register  

good coon race

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: good coon race  (Read 308 times)
Jeff
Global Moderator
pup

View Profile
« on: May 25, 2009, 01:24:55 pm »

got my coon dog out last night after 2 months in the kennel because of flooding, being in heat, etc.  she's a silent cur, so it's always yip, yip, tree without a race.  my missy got put to the test last night thanks to michaels wide open redbone, and she passed with flying colors.

that coon jumped from 5 or 6 trees over about 1.5 miles and one hour, fifteen minutes of racing.  we finally got to the last tree and spotted the coon without a flashlight. (630 am) wish i had brought a camera but i didnt. 

wish the redbone pup and my cur pup made it to the last tree, but they dropped out after about 35 minutes. i think they were actually split on 3 different trees at one point. the pups actually did pretty dang good.

was gonna do some squirrell doggin after the sun came up, but we were pretty much spent and had boots full of water. maybe next time.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

elliscountyhog
Global Moderator
pup

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 09:20:40 am »

Sounds like a hog hunt with no hog Wink Grin
Report Spam   Logged
shawn1973
Administrator
catch dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 12:59:26 pm »

Sounds like a hog hunt with no hog Wink Grin

That's what I was thinking, Jeff says its easier than hog hunting, but it still sounds like work. lol
Report Spam   Logged
Jeff
Global Moderator
pup

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 10:14:54 pm »

the cool thing is, if you're tired you can walk away and leave him to hunt another night.  when you get a hog bayed, you're pretty much committed if you're dogs won't call out, and most won't.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: